About This Page

This page is the sister site to TANB.blogspot.com and is the outlet for any Bitcoin related news.

Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013

Technobit.eu - NanoFury

Hey, out there!
For all the people who are trapped in Europe like myself: I have some news for you.
I discovered a new site: Technobit.eu. They (as the url implies) are based not on the great US of A, but in Europe, so the shipping costs and/or tax/customs are much lower. F or any beginners, who are just looking for one of the smaller mining sticks or little ASIC setups like myself, the shipping for new hardware from the USA (BFL etc.) can eat up your profit very quick, and paying 1/3 more for... well flying or "ship"-ping stuff across the globe is the least satisfactory I guess.
The site (Technobit.eu) is not very populated with products, but the ones that they sell are kind of interesting: They got the usual 2nd gen mining sticks with an efficiency rating of 700+, but they also have some barebones stuff that can be used for building super nerdy, self planned mining rigs with special cooling for example.
What I especially like about them is that they actually are all about leaving the hardware cost at a minimum, so they have versions without any heat sink for example that you can just use as-is, but also overclock and build a sufficient support structure around. Again, very nerdy, but I will try this one for sure: Nanofury.
BUT: Keep in mind, this is not a finished product, what you order are only the parts and the assembly can be either done by you, or you can buy it from them for an extra 20 euros...
All together it is still cheaper than the - very interesting - 150$ (+shipping) BlueFury/RedFury sticks, that are spreading right now.
There was a group buy earlier this month, where you could chime in and get a Nanofury for ~0.4BTC+EU shipping, but the preorder phase is now closed, so I expect some reviews in the next weeks.
Something that I am not sure of, is if this particular part is supported by MinePeon. As I use a RaspberryPi as the host for my mining rig that is a critical point. I though thought about in the - far - future changing this to a real CPU/Mainboard combo for hardware like the BFL Monarch. These thoughts are now overcome, there is just no reason other than looks with the Monarch being USB-ready and the RaspberryPi only taking in ~10 Watts of baseline power consumption... So. Those were all the things I wanted to say about NanoFury, I hope I could keep you up with the news a bit.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen